Now that everyone has assured me that I am not the only mother with a child that consumes cat food, and that she will survive, I can get back to blogging.
Yesterday I had the joy of taking Lily outside to play in the puddles. There is nothing better than standing in the water, teaching your kid how to splash in rubber boots. Well, she had rubber boots. I need some. But I want the big kid version of these ones:
Even more fun was seeing the look on the face of the guy who walked by when I was showing her how to jump in the puddles. Huge grin - I think we made his day.
Lily and I watched the water go down the drain. She was fascinated by the movement of the water - I threw some dried grass bits into the water, and she watched as the blades made their way to the sewer grate. She even went and grabbed some and tried to throw it in.
After that, more splashing, and then she sat in the puddle. Not once, not twice, but three times. I really need to get to MEC to get her a Newt suit. Say it, it's fun!
Newt. Suit.
What the heck is a Newt suit? This:
She was quite shocked at how cold the water was - there was at least 2 inches of solid ice under the slush and water. That made for a cold baby. We went in for a warm lunch and one of Lily's favorite treats, warm milk with Starbuck's Gingerbread syrup. Lily is learning about coffee shops - she has her own kid's tumbler from Starbuck's. We bought that on Thursday - can't skip Starbucks! I forgot that she makes a giant mess of herself when she has hot chocolate there, and had to clean a lot of chocolate off the stroller, her coat, her mittens, her face and her stroller blanket. Next time she's getting a tumbler of warm milk with a flavor shot. Still messy, but plain old milk is easier to get out of a white blanket (I know, what was I thinking taking a white blanket out in spring...) than cocoa syrup and milk. I don't think that Bryan's quest to ensure Lily hates coffee as much as he does, is going to work.
When I was small, I can remember drinking milky coffee at my grandma's. It was probably 1 part coffee to 20 parts milk, but the taste stuck. All things in moderation. It won't hurt her, and we make sure the rest of her diet is relatively healthy and junk free.
We were asked this week about Easter, and whether or not she can have any chocolate at Easter. She's too little to know about the Easter Bunny, so we can skip it this year. Next year she can ask us why the Easter Bunny clucks like a chicken.


No comments:
Post a Comment