Sunday, August 17, 2008

Happy Birthday Lily!

Two years ago, on this very date; my lovely wife and I headed to the hospital. We arrived at 8am, and a scant 15 hours and 47 minutes later; our daughter arrived into this world.
I was the first person to hold her, I remember being overwhelmed, and I still am when I think about it; this tiny person in my arms brought me a joy such as I had never felt before. Joy of course is the only word for it, I lack a more descriptive word for it; hmm perhaps elation, hmm.
But, again, I digress, the long and short of it is, two years ago, to this very date, I welcomed my daughter into my life, and today I was glad to have others here to share the day, so they too, could feel a tiny part of the joy that is my daughter Lily.

1 comment:

Keltie said...

Very nicely written Bryan.

Evan and I had a lovely time at Lily's party.