Thursday, March 12, 2009

Busy Busy Busy!

It's on the go. I have 244 pieces of sub floor sitting in my front hallway. I have 100 2x4's in my basement. My house smells like lumber.

This week has been a blur and it's not over yet...I think I will be able to relax next Wednesday.

Monday: Worked all day at Lily's school. Which meant a lot of cleaning, a lot of answering to my new name "Lily's mo-om", and trying to remember the names of 18 short people. (Lily, Felix, Thyme, Nathan, Emma, Leah, Hadlee, Tyler, Hudson, Mallory, Jacob, Rhys, Sophia 1, Sophia 2, Adam, Johannes and two others I can't remember...they were probably really normal names compared to most of the above list, which is why I can't remember them.)

Tuesday: Waited for a call about my delivery from the Despot. It was minus 32 that morning. No one ran or plugged in the delivery truck on Monday night. Frozen truck meant no delivery. Bryan has a late shop class on Tuesday so he was home to bring things in. Since there was nothing to do, I drove him to school and ran past our favorite west end bakery instead. Took Lily to my parent's place for her dinner as I always work on Tuesdays. I made arrangements with work to deliver the items on Thursday afternoon.

Wednesday: Lunch at my great Auntie Eleanor's place is always a treat. After lunch I took my Auntie Ann to the grocery store for a few things and then Lily needed her nap. Since we were out late, it meant a late nap. Late naps are usually preceded by a giant meltdown and Wednesday was no exception. I tidied a few things in the basement before heading out to work again.

Thursday (today): We signed up for ItsyBitsy Yoga classes, and these started today. Most mornings, Lily wakes me up by coming into our room and telling me "Mumma. Mumma! Wape up Mumma, it's morning. I want to pat my Leocat in the hallway. Come. Come" We don't let her sit on her own with the cat because she loves him a little too much sometimes, and he has given her a warning nip when she does things like touch his paws or sticks her fingers in his ears. (Hey, if I was a cat and someone stuck their finger in my ear, I would bite too!)

Today, my alarm didn't go off at all, and instead of getting up around 7:45, I woke up at 8:23 and had to get Lily going. Our class was supposed to start at 9:30. 1 hour is NOT enough time to feed toddler and self, dress toddler and self, make coffee, consume coffee, allow coffee to hit system, bundle toddler into winter clothes and into the car AND drive to class to get there a bit early. We were there at 9:20 - I'm not sure how.

The class was fun, and about as focused as a yoga class for toddlers could be. (Imagine herding cats.) Next week will be a bit better as it will be more familiar to all the kids. I have to say that I am SO impressed with the other parents in the class. Each and every one of the girls had a gorgeous name. Normal names. Not an Emerson or (insert random letter)-ayden in sight. We had Lily, Josephine (whose middle name is Lily), Evie, Daphne, and Anna (mom is Inga). So pretty!

Of course, because I had made arrangements to have my delivery in the afternoon, my cell phone went off during the class. Delivery driver, calling from in front of my house. He was still there when I got home, so Lily got to watch the driver drop things on our front sidewalk. Lily watched Ice Age 1 while I got lunch together. Thank goodness for DVDs. I don't use them often, but when you need your kid to stay focused and still for a time, they are a lifesaver. Bryan came home and together we hauled all the stuff inside.

Waffles and bacon for dinner rounded out our day. Bryan crashed on the couch at 10 - I just sent him to bed.

And the rest of the week?

Friday: Tomorrow I will be doing a lot of laundry in the morning. I have a hair appointment tomorrow afternoon, and Bryan has to do a little bit more destruction while we are out. I don't know why I said I would do it, but I am working tomorrow night as well.

Saturday: In the morning Mom and I are going to the local "I've Outgrown It" sale to grab some summer things for little Miss Stretch. I can't believe my little peanut wears a size 3 shirt and pants! Every time I put a pair of pants on her, they are too short. She has no bum, and now no diapers, so pants that fit in the length are too big in the waist, and ones that fit in the waist are capri length. You can cheat on pant length in the summer, but not in the winter! She needs some new bathing suits, and some play clothes. I am also hoping to find some cute dresses or skirts. Last year I found great bathing suits for $3! This is also where my mom gets toys for Lily. We really try to limit anything that requires batteries, but my mom can buy them as long as she keeps the toys at her house. That's how we dodged the bullet of the 3 Little Pigs shape sorting thing with the electronic voice that sounds a lot like Stephen Hawking. It lives in the toy box at Buppa and Lala's house - they get to hear the creepy "I'm Tracy the Triangle Pig, jiggity jig" over and over and over again.

After the sale, Lily is spending some time with her Lala while Dad, Bryan and I start on the install of the sub floor. Hopefully we can get at least the family room area done, maybe the bedroom area too. We won't do the bath area until the plumbing work is done, and the laundry room will be done last, after the other renos are complete. Once the sub floor is down, we can work on the framing of the rooms and it will start to look like the plans we have in mind.

Since I work Friday, we are moving Friday night pizza to Saturday.

Sunday: More installation, and I think Bryan has a date with Dave to see a movie. At some point, I want to have a nap.

Monday and Tuesday: Lily has school and I work both nights. I am looking forward to Wednesday - no plans and no work!

Whew. Hope I make it....

No comments: