Spring has finally arrived!
The pictures from the last post were taken on March 29th. What a difference 2 weeks makes! The snow is gone, my tulips are up and the gardening has started. I love love love being able to get my hands into the dirt again. Lily was a bit confused when I told her that having dirty hands made me happy. Then I told her that when she was outside in her rubber boots and her mud pants, she could get as dirty as she wants to. So now she spends her days out there, running around with a rake and a bucket yelling "I'm as dirty as I want to be!"
And she is.
This picture was taken Easter Sunday, just before heading out to dinner at my parent's place. She's growing up way too fast...sigh.
My mom laughs at me when I tell her about my girl. She also mutters things about "Payback" and "Apples falling from trees." Family legend indicates that my very first sentence was:
"I do it myself!"
Personally, I think it was "I don't like this oatmeal." but we'll leave that to history.
Lily is very much my girl, (but she likes oatmeal) and insists on doing things herself.
Her sentence is
"No no, I want to do it!"
or
"I know how to do that!" (ask my dad about that one!)
It has led to some frustration, but it sure helps me. She can dress herself and put on her own shoes. This keeps her occupied long enough to allow me to get my things together if we are going out. Some of the other things she insists on doing are not really time saving.
Like walking to her grandparent's house and pushing the wagon. We actually had a neighbor stop and ask if we had someone in there that Lily was helping to push. No, we just have a toddler that would rather do it herself.
Today we joined Keltie and Evan at the Telus World of Science. They are a bit young for the concepts, but they sure had fun running around touching everything. Lily asked me on the way in "I can't touch here, right?" and was really happy when I told her she could touch just about everything. The two of them ran around and shrieked and laughed and touched a lot of stuff while Keltie and I caught up.
After the TWOS, we went to the Second Cup to recharge. The kids were really good, and kept each other amused. Bryan taught Lily how to wiggle her eyebrows, so she was eager to show off her new skill. Evan was being his sweet goofy self.
Lily? Well, Lily saved the cookie.
Home for pizza night and a couple of playoff games. Here's this weeks creation, pre-oven. Pesto chicken, zucchini, pepperoni and mushroom on a whole wheat crust with homemade sauce. It was really really tasty!
3 comments:
Ah the payback comments... we get those all the time. Haha. Yes, our girls are growing up so fast. Lily is a lot like Ariel with the 'do it myself' attitude. She is a cutie!
When did our kids get so goofy?
The pizza looks great! We didn't have pizza last night...it was too late by the time we got home. I had my shining parent moment and picked up McD's...but it worked out well. I ate on my stoop while Evan played hockey with the neighbourhood kids.
I think we made them goofy on purpose.
I'm planning on pizza for Friday at the lake - dough is already made and I will bring the rest with me. Lily can't wait for her Auntie and Evan weekend!
Post a Comment