WORMS!
If you're squeamish, don't look. Lily has been asking about worms since she saw an episode of Curious George having worm races. I told her we would find her some worms once the garden had woken up a little bit. Now that spring has sprung, we are out in the garden every day and she keeps asking for her worms. So today I dug some up and Lily had her fun.
The poor creatures were subjected to all sorts of poking and prodding. She ran over to me and said she was giving one a bubble bath. She was 'washing' the worm in the bird bath. Rather than having to explain the concept of worm heaven to her, I told her that if she left the worm there, the birds visiting the bird bath would eat the worm for lunch. She pulled the worm out of the water, pointed at the tree and yelled "No birdies! Don't eat my worms!"
Then the worm went for a bike ride. At this point, I intervened and asked her to please leave the worms in the dirt. She carried them around in a bucket until lunch time, occasionally taking the worm out to look at it and to tell me "I love this worm. He's my friend."
I'm not sure the worm returned Lily's affections.

3 comments:
That's as much fun as Anthony and the ladybug .. we were at a football game waiting for the gates to open, and he was playing with a ladybug. Long story short, he ended up stepping on it - then picked it up and took it over to Dad and said 'fic it'. (Fix it)
He was so disappointed when we couldn't - and he was careful ever since. (There was a lady watching the whole thing .. I thought she was going to cry when Anthony wanted it fixed .. )
That's funny Tracy - Evan is into ladybugs right now. Always looking for ladybugs.
Very cute post Carrie.
Tee-hee too sweet.
Post a Comment