Can somebody please turn up the heat?
BRRR! It's way too cold out.
I like winter, but winter at -10 is just fine. -15 is pushing it and -20 and beyond is grounds for crawling into bed with a good book and not getting out until it warms up.
Mom took me shopping on Thursday, and as an early Christmas present, she bought me a new down coat. My old winter coat was about 2 sizes too big. This one is down, super warm, and is an awesome copper color. And it fits! I tried it out on Friday, and it kept me toasty, even in a car with frosty windows. Miss Lily has a great little down snowsuit so she was warm too.
Little miss fussypants gave grandma and grandpa a bit of trouble on Friday. (I hit mom up for some babysitting while I went to my hair appointment and ran some errands.) She has had no issues with taking a bottle of milk from my mom in the past, but she was having none of that on Friday. She would not take a drop from my mom, or my dad. She cried and fussed and howled and pouted and then went to sleep, and waited patiently for me to come back. I guess Mommy is best, but she's going to have to learn to take a bottle, so Bryan and I can go on dates, and so Bryan can feed her every once in a while. Hopefully this is a short term snit...
Today I was in a cooking mood - I made Bryan waffles (the real thing, no Eggos here!) and bacon for brunch, and then made calzone for dinner. Yummy!
I have some Ben and Jerry's in the freezer, calling my name. It seems wrong to eat ice cream when it's so cold...but I don't care. Cookie dough, here I come.
Saturday, November 25, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment