Friday, November 10, 2006

Rembrandt, Rubens, Remington, Russell and Ritcey.





One of these things is not like the other.... (can you tell I've been watching Sesame Street?)

Today mom and I took Lily to the
Art Gallery of Alberta to see a Baroque Masterworks exhibit from the National Gallery. There was also a small exhibit of cowboy art by Remington and Russell. This was timed for the rodeo, I'm sure.

Lily had two opinions of the art. One involved a trip to the restroom to change her diaper, and the other involved her blankie and some shut-eye.

Fortunately Mom and I found all the exhibits interesting. Well, not the stuff on the 2nd floor, but we didn't stay up there long enough to do anything other than look at each other and decide it was time for coffee right there and then. I enjoy a lot of modern art, but it has to have a point, and neither of us saw the point in looking at any of it today.

The coffee was almost as interesting as the art gallery. We went to the Second Cup at the Library, where we witnessed a very drunk individual fall off his chair. I'm not sure he ordered his coffee off the menu...

They were playing a lot of country music at the Second Cup, which fit in really well with the 4 or 5 gigantic John Deere tractors perched in the middle of Churchill Square. I whispered to Lily, that country music gives us a rash, so we don't listen to it. When she's older I'll have her grandpa explain why Ian Tyson and Corb Lund don't count.



No comments: