Why do they have to grow up so fast?
This morning, I put Lily down for her nap, business as usual. I always put her down when she is awake, so she usually plays with her blanket, or talks to her feet before she falls asleep. Today, she was making more noise than usual. This meant that she had thrown something out of her crib, or managed to stick her foot through the crib slats and couldn't figure out how to get it out.
So I went in to her room, to find a very proud, happy baby STANDING in her crib. She gave me a cheesy toothy grin and squealed. Apparently she wanted me to know what she could do.
She spent the weekend crawling all over her dad, pulling up on furniture, toys, pillows and anything else she could grab. I should have known that she would do this soon, but less than 48 hours after she just figured out the standing next to furniture thing? I'm going to spend my summer chasing this kid. She'll be walking before Canada day...
Monday, June 04, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Yeah Lily!! Congratulations!!!
I remember when Lisa started walking .. she did the tippy-toes-hanging-on-to-everything-walking-around-tables for a couple of days, and then was off and running. And I mean running. Always on her tippy toes though .. They walk when they're ready .. and Lily sounds more than ready !
Better get some running shoes Mom !
The LAST thing this kid needs is more shoes...she has more pairs than I do.
Oh wait, you meant me. I'll have to find them.
Post a Comment