I know I know...
I have been remiss in writing.
After a whirlwind of tiling the kitchen and entrances, Christmas, teething, more teething, car issues and then the stomach flu, I have not had a lot of energy to put into my blog.
The tiling is done (still some finishing to do), Christmas is well over, the teething continues and Lily is all better. I'm working too much - 4 shifts a week is 1 too many for me. While the money is nice to have, I really dislike missing putting Lily to bed 3 nights in a row.
Little Miss Thing has amassed quite a vocabulary in the past few weeks. Right now we are working on about a word a day. She can say and use:
Mumma
Dada
Kitty (Which comes out sounding like a mishmash of ditty and titty. Snort)
Puppy
Book
Up
Down
Baby (Her current favorite.)
That/What's that?
Door (Quite endearing when you are in the bathroom and she is on the other side.)
Mmm (Interchangable for cow and something yummy.)
Oh
Baa (She uses this for sheep.)
Woof
Leo (Our cat.)
Shoe
Toe
Sock
More
Hi
Byebye
Bath
Ow
Uh oh
And her very very favorite: NO
What toddler doesn't love this word? They hear it all day, so it's no wonder they learn how to use this one first.
She has some ASL signs too, and has made great use of the one for no. We get a 3 for 1: she signs no, shakes her head and says no all at the same time. I guess she really means it.
I love that she is learning to talk. It sure makes things easier - she can answer questions, and uses the words she has. Sometimes she gets frustrated, but if we tell her to use her words, she's happier.
This is fun!
Wednesday, January 23, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Good word list! Yeah, Ariel has discovered no, usually it goes no, no, no but in a super cute voice. Hahaha. Yes, its great that we can understand more what she wants. Big help!
Yay! You're back! :)
Love the mmmm for cow - Mallory's a big fan of "moo", refuses to try "cow".
Hope life slows down for you a bit. Are you taking another writing class?
I'm glad Evan only shakes his head no and says 'yes' (sounds more like esss)
I'm sure my day will come.
Did Dallas ever tell you about when Paige used to say 'blue shirt'?
I love that story about Paige!
Lily has now added 'down' to the list. It is her all purpose word for up and down. Apparently 'up' is no longer in use. I missed the memo.
Post a Comment