Thursday, January 31, 2008

Bored bored bored.

I have cabin fever. It's still bloody cold outside, but I need to get out to do something - anything.

I really hate driving in this weather - it's still slippery despite the snowplows. I get really nervous when I'm out on the roads and I have Miss Lily in the back seat. I try to drive cautiously, to the road conditions, but there is always some jerk that decides he can drive on ice the same way he drives on dry pavement. And that jerk drives behind me.

So I am sending out this driver-karma message to all. Pass it on:

Slow down.
If you get there 5, 10, or even 30 minutes later, it won't matter.
If you rush, you might not make it there at all.
***
If you see a baby on board sign in the window, take extra care around that car.
The mom or dad behind the wheel will feel better.
***
Please, get off the cell phone.
You need both hands on the wheel in this weather.
And all of your attention on the road.
***
Give other drivers their space.
They need to be able to stop without fear of being hit from behind, or hitting someone else at that light or intersection.
***
Use your signal.
You might know where you are going, but the rest of us don't.
And when you see someone signal to change lanes, let them in.
***
Give a wave when someone lets you in.
It's good car-ma.
***
Red means stop. Period.
***
Drive safe everyone. And stay warm.

1 comment:

Keltie said...

Please learn how to drive and signal in a traffic circle.

Not you Carrie - just drivers in general.