Monday, December 01, 2008

OK, no more toasty thoughts. I need cold ones. **UPDATED**

Thank you everyone for the warm thoughts. The new furnace is great. The overload of warmth has resulted in my fridge pooping out. It's only 4 years old, and should be fine but it isn't. The fan isn't running, so the coolness is more like lukewarm. Right now we have ice packs in the fridge part in an attempt to keep things cold while we wait on a repair man. If I have to, the milk will be sitting outside tomorrow!

Hopefully we will have this fixed by tomorrow afternoon. In the meantime, think icy and be cool.

***

The repair company called this morning at 8am, to let me know they had someone on the way this morning. I was fully expecting to wait ALL day for this. At 9 am the repair man called me. He was at the house within 10 minutes of his call, diagnosed the problem, replaced the part and put the fridge back together by 9:45. It cost me $200 - well worth it considering a new fridge would set us back $1800 or so. I still had the day to look forward to, and I didn't have to store the milk on the back porch! Oh, the problem? The freezer fan wasn't working. The repair man said that when these burn out they usually make noise or smell funny. Ours was the exception - it just stopped. But now it's happy and fixed, and now I can go grocery shopping. One advantage of my late night Tuesday shopping is that we didn't have a lot of things in there to spoil.

Yay for on time repair men!

No comments: