The volcano appears to be behaving and the ash has settled, so Mom and Dad are off to France and Italy on Tuesday.
This means more blogging at my end, so Lala and Buppa get to see and hear about their Lily. I'm the current IT support sponsor for their trip, so I will have stories to tell. I've already fielded several support calls today, with more to come I'm sure. So far most of the conversations with my dad have gone like this:
Dad - "The computer won't work."
Carrie - "What are you doing to it now?"
D - "I turned it on but the screen is black"
C - "That's Microsoft's way of telling you to go get a coffee and come back. Do that now."
D - "Ok, I have a coffee. Now the screen says log in. What's my password?"
C - "Sigh, it's ***********1"
D - "That's a dumb password. And I can't find the shift key. Can I hit capslock instead?"
C - "If you have to, then yes."
D - "It doesn't say my password, it's just a line of stars. Where is the enter key?"
C - "It's above the shift key you can't find. Just use the mouse pad. Click left."
D - "It's welcoming me. Now what?"
C - "It will take a while. Drink some coffee."
D - "Your mom wants to talk to you."
Mom - "Can you show me how to do this properly when you come over?"
I suspect that I may get a call from my mom, letting me know that Dad has tossed the netbook into the Seine.

2 comments:
That sounds like conversations I used to have with my mom.
I'm so glad my mom is IT savvy nowadays :oP They'll be fine, we wish them a wonderful stress free vacation. Europe is beautiful this time of year.
Post a Comment