Change is good, I guess....
This year is going to be one of great change I think...
Besides the baby, the biggest change of all, there are a few things going on. My dad has officially retired - he's on contract until June, and then he's off to smaller, but better things. My mom is still going to work, but part-time. They may be looking for a new home too, so my childhood home may not be there any more. The lake is still my favorite "home" and that's not going anywhere, so I guess I'll be ok with Mom and Dad moving. They are looking in our area, so having them close will be nice. (Not that MillWoods is far away!) Knowing that they have more time off when I am on maternity leave will mean that they get to see the little one quite often.
Craig is still deciding where he wants to be in the world - I hope it's here for a while, or at the very least, on this continent. I should be used to him living in other countries by now, but it's still best when he's here. I would love for him to share the first year of Peanut's life - they grow so fast, and he's so good with kids.
My good friends Ike and Amy (aka The Frog and Thong...it's a long story...) are moving to Norman Wells, NWT for 5 years. Ike has taken a new job with Esso, and Amy's moving up there to join him. I'll only see them a couple of times a year, as they will likely use a couple of their paid flights out to go see Ike's family in England, or Amy's family in Southern Alberta, or another one of their tropical adventures. I will miss our jaunts to Shopper's Drug Mart to get 'points' and see what item Amy decides to buy in bulk... I know we will have email, but they are going to miss seeing Peanut grow up. I will have to send lots of pictures.
Other friends seem to be missing in action, and I don't know why.
This will be the first year since I was 15 that I will not be working. I'm not sure how I will handle that. Being a mom is a full time job, but I will miss the adult contact I get at work. My mom suggested joining one of the Mom's-Day-Out groups at one of the churches in the neighborhood. She did that when she had us, and said it was a nice break from all things baby. So we'll see.
Dad and I will be off at the same time, so I can forsee a few Grandpa adventures this fall... Grandma adventures to follow, as Mom is still working a bit. We'll see how long this lasts, as I'm sure she won't want to get up to go to work while Dad does his things at home. I give it until January, but only time will tell.
Thursday, March 16, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment