
Spring has sprung!
I heard geese flying on Sunday morning, the air feels fresh and crocuses are coming up in my garden. And, today I heard FinneganV, our squirrel. Why Finnegan? The first time I saw a squirrel in my back yard was the day Mr Dressup passed away, so in honor of the show I dubbed the squirrel Finnegan. My neighbor August, does not like squirrels, as they tend to take up housing space in his garage, downspouts and once, his kitchen. Thus Finnegan V, as I thru IV have met their demise. I had the unlucky and rather alarming experience of finding Finnegan IV dead in my front flower bed last summer. I was weeding, and nearly picked up....you get the picture. We'll have to buy some peanuts for our furry friend, and hope he stays around for a bit.
Today I had my 21 week OB appointment. I had my ultrasound last week, and since the U/S techs can't really tell you anything, I've been nervous about finding out if everything is normal. I know that if something was really wrong that they would bring in a doctor, or send you right over to your own doctor. Anyway, I shouldn't worry, because my doctor said everything looks really good, and that I am doing just fine. The baby is still measuring about 4 days ahead of where I am supposed to be, which my doctor says is normal. My blood pressure is still fine, and all my tests are coming in normal as well. So why do I worry? It's because as soon as you become pregnant, the "Mom" gene kicks in and you worry. So 'Peanut' is fine, and has a strong heartbeat of 145-150 beats per minute, and was very busy when the doctor was trying to find the heartbeat. (Normal heart rate is between 120-160 bpm) This kid is going to keep me on my toes, if it's activity levels now are any indication of activity levels once it arrives!
Bryan started a new job yesterday, working for an industrial mechanical (ie plumbing...) company. He came home dirty and tired and sore, but I think he's happy to be out working after a 7 week hiatus. I'm going to miss having an 'house-husband'...I'll have to make my own lunch now.
Going on a double day with Mom and Dad tonight, dinner at their place and then to a movie, as they have some extra passes.
No comments:
Post a Comment