I had a train of thought, track after track meticulously placed one after another...However, it has been derailed. I do recall the old Chinese curse, may you live in interesting times, well things at current are definitely that. I will not expand on that, I will just leave it hanging there, like the condemned man looking at his noose dangling from the gallows above...Not that my situation is anything like that, I just felt at this moment that I would use a literary example.
But anyway, things are interesting, perhaps its always been like this since I married Carrie and I have just failed to notice until now; or perhaps I have just grown to care for her family and friends as my own, I am uncertain.
We had a fabulous time at the lake this September long weekend, the weather was great, aside from the horrid clear blue skies that were the norm it seems for the time we were up there. I tried a new ice cream flavor, after walking to the campground with my wife and our darling Lily in a baby sling. This flavor, wet paint, which upon inquiring about exactly what flavor it was, "its like bubble gum without the chunks of bubble gum in it" the frantic girl behind the counter told me. I thought, well its 3 colors, a sky blue, a deep cherry red, and white; all of it cannot be a uniform taste...WRONG! So that took a little away from it, I had my hopes that each little bit would have some sort of taste, was disappointing in that aspect. I did find out that Craig rather enjoys tiger tail ice cream, which is orange with black licorice swirled into it; see Craig, even when you are not present you're still in our thoughts; especially when discussing ice cream it seems.
I hear my wife calling, well mentally at least, for me to put on some coffee, it is early after all, and she has a busy day ahead of her.
Tuesday, September 05, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment