Tuesday, September 05, 2006

September already...

Lily had her first checkup with the pediatrician today. She's still a healthy little girl, and is growing like mad. She is now 9 lbs, 6 oz! We were at the Health Clinic at Bonnie Doon on Thursday last week, and she weighed 8lbs, 14 1/2 oz. I hope that she is only going through a growth spurt right now - I won't be able to keep up with her!

After her doctor's appointment, we went to show her off at the hospital to Mom's coworkers. The girls bought her a great little outfit (pink of course!) that she will be able to wear in a couple of weeks - it's a bit big, but that's ok. As I am discovering, they grow fast.

After that, we went up to the 3rd floor to visit a friend who just had a baby boy. There's a long story here, but it's not mine to tell. What I can say is that he is a perfectly content, very sweet baby, and that his mom is doing an incredible job despite the short notice he gave her. We love you both!

Mom and Dad sold the house last night, so the goodbyes are for real now. I am getting more excited to have them close to us, and have come to terms (I think) with the old house going to a new family. Mom and Dad take over the new house on September 22nd, and the new owners take over theirs on the 2nd of October.

Today was also the first day of school for most, but not for my Dad. As he noted this weekend, this was the first time in 51 years that he didn't have to go back to school. I suggested he go golfing, and call one of his principal friends from the 9th tee, just to tease...

No comments: