Lily was 2 months old on Tuesday! The weeks are just flying by. She had her 2 month checkup. She is now 12 lbs 9 oz (more by the time I post this!) and 24" long. My little girl is not so little! She had her first set of shots on Tuesday. I was not looking forward to these...I am fine with needles, just not with my kid being in pain! My mom was right, the shots were harder on me than they were on her. She was ok after the shots, but later that night she spent a good 25 minutes crying so hard I though she was going to throw up. She was PURPLE. She's ok now though, thanks to lots of cuddles and a little bit of baby Tylenol.
Did everyone like the snow this week? My wonderful husband has been 'predicting' snow since Labor Day. He refused to listen to me regarding the weather in September. For as long as I can remember, the weather is always nicest in the weeks leading up to my birthday at the end of September, right through until Thanksgiving. After that, it can be unpredictable.
This has been a crazy couple of weeks. My mom is now the 'bionic grandma' as she had a pacemaker put in on the 13th. She was having some issues with dizziness that didn't allow her to drive until the docs fixed her up. This means that my dad has been 'driving Miss Daisy' since the end of June. She should be driving again in a couple of weeks. Wednesday Keltie and I made our first venture out to the Stars and Strollers movie at WEM. We saw 'Employee of the Month'. It was ok. Honestly, it wouldn't have mattered what movie it was, it meant we were able to get out of the house! You don't have to worry about your kid disturbing anyone, you can walk around with your baby if you need to, they provide a change table and diapers, and the sound isn't too loud. (Someone should have told the teenagers skipping school to see the show that it was what I am now calling 'Babies and Boobies' day. I don't think that they were counting on seeing a bunch of nursing moms!)
Thursday I was awakened by my husband asking where the nearest hospital was. He was is an extreme amount of pain and was the color of my high school locker - putty grey. I got up and told him we would go to the hospital as soon as I fed Lily. He called my mom to see if my dad was around to drive. Dad was at work, so Mom said she would look after Lily. THEN, my silly husband said he would take the BUS to the hospital. Yes, the bus. I told him to sit down and wait 5 minutes. We went and picked up my mom, and headed to the hospital. By some strange stroke of luck, there was only a couple of people in the emergency dept waiting room and Grey Nuns. I left Mom with Lily and went in to see how Bryan was doing. Mom took Lily up to her office to show her off while I sat in the hall with Bryan. Both mom and I thought he had a kidney infection or kidney stones. Turns out it was both. 5 hours, 1 IV, 2 shots of Demerol and a CT scan later = and he has a small stone and an infection. They sent us home with good drugs, antibiotics and told Bryan to drink like he hasn't drank before.
Dad says he will keep the windows closed so he doesn't hear Bryan holler when the stone is, well, gone... (ouch!)
How does the saying go?
This too shall pass...
Monday, October 16, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment