My husband tells me that I snore. Since I can't hear myself do this, I can do one of two things.
Deny it.
Accept it.
So I accept that I snore, but if I ask Bryan if I snored all night, he won't tell me. He has told me that it's worse when I am tired, have allergy issues or have a cold. He doesn't care that I snore because once he's asleep, you can't wake him.
I am the world's lightest sleeper, and have problems falling asleep if there is any kind of excess noise in the room. If the cat snores, and the old grey man does sometimes, I poke him and he stops. If Bryan snores, I give him a nudge, or tell him he is snoring and he will apologize and roll over, while still asleep.
What do you do with a snoring, sock stealing Labrador? Nothing wakes this dog up! I mention the socks because I thought that tossing something soft at her would wake her enough to stop the snoring. Except I couldn't find my socks. This morning I found them - she had her head resting on them, like a little pillow.
Let me backtrack a bit. Lily and I are house and dog sitting for my mom and dad while they are away in Victoria. They in turn, are house and dog sitting for my aunt and uncle, while they go to Carnival in Venice, Italy. Bryan is hanging out here, but spending the nights at home during the week due to bus connections. (And because Dad's computer doesn't play online games.) Mom and Dad had West Jet credits to use, as they cancelled their flights this summer so they could be here for me when Lily was born.
It was an interesting turn of events. Had Lily arrived on time, then Mom and Dad would have gone to Kirstin and Cam's wedding, and returned home. But because Miss Lily wanted to hang out for a while, and because I was going to be induced the day before the wedding, Mom and Dad opted to stay in the city. Lily arrived the day before the induction, and came home the day of the wedding. That same day Mom and Dad drove through my neighborhood and saw the open house sign for this place. The rest is history! As my dad has jokingly said, it's all Lily's fault.
Back to the dog. Mom and Dad don't want to be known as the 'new people with the barking dog', so they try to discourage Molly from barking in the back yard. Of course, the first thing she does today is go outside and bark and bark and bark. I can't see her, and when I call her, she comes from around the side of the house, the side mom calls the dog fort. I don't see neighbors or cats, so I have no idea what the issue is. Then I look up. The apple tree is covered in red grosbeaks, which are busy stripping the tree of dessicated crab apples. We are talking hundreds of birds. No wonder she was barking!
Later on we are going out for a walk, but not until Miss Lily has her morning nap. Like yesterday, she has decided that this is optional.
As her mom, I have decided it is not.
Friday, February 09, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment