
Ok, I had my first "Gee I feel inadequate as a mom" moment today. I don't know the words to kid's songs. Any of them.
Lily's first swim lesson was today, and we had to sing songs while playing with our babies. Lily had fun, while mom either made up or mouthed the words to all of the songs. I did have fun though, despite feeling incredibly silly.
Did you know there was a second verse to "Ring Around the Rosy" that involved peanut butter cups? I didn't, but now I do.
Did I get the wrong edition of "What to Expect While You're Expecting" ? I think it was missing the chapter on Earworms, or Children's Songs You Need to Learn Now or the Other Parents Will Look at You Funny in Swim Class.
Who knew that you would have to study for swim class?
Excuse me, while I go practice the Hokey Pokey...
5 comments:
Wow, I thought I was pretty knowledgable when it came to nursery rhymes and children's songs. However, I know nothing about a peanut butter cup verse! :) Please share!
We found out at the second lesson that the second verse has nothing to do with peanut butter cups.
Ring around the rosie,
Peanut butter cups,
Husha husha,
We all jump up!
(Jump up and hold baby in the air...)
I think there was something about "Cows in the Meadow"
Gee, I get an "F" for paying attention.
There might have been some cows...
Post a Comment