Friday, April 13, 2007

13 things I did today...

1 - Went to the salon for some pampering. Thank you Alex, for the lovely visual of your mother-in-law flashing the dinner party, just to show off her gall bladder removal scars. (Apparently, she 'forgot' to wear a bra that day.)

2 - Went to Planet Organic and bought my daughter cookies, white beans and avocados. Not to be consumed at the same time. The diaper would be disastrous!

3 - Had a Chai Latte while my Lily ate cookies. Well, I ate a cookie, and she mashed the broken bits in her fist and hid the mushy parts in her dress for me to find when I lifted her out of the stroller.

4 - Chatted with a sweet granny about her great-grandchildren.

5 - Smiled back at about 13 people, as they smiled at Lily in the sling. I am always amazed and amused by the reactions we get while shopping. (The sling lets her see out, and leaves me with free hands.)

6 - Sat and nursed Lily to sleep in the back yard. The sun was on my face and there were robins singing. I could have stayed there all day.

7 - Made homemade pizza sauce for tonight's dinner. My pizza dough was it's own science experiment. I discovered that no matter what the recipe books say, you can't make pizza dough ahead of time and 'just store it in the fridge until you are ready'. Let's just say I'm glad I have a big fridge - there was room for expansion.

8 - Listened to Lily squeal and talk to herself while she was supposed to be napping.

9 - Fed Lily chicken and mangoes, and banana yogurt. When this didn't work, I gave her the spoon and let her have fun. It's hard to get dried mango paste out of baby hair once it's dried, so we...

10 - ...gave Lily a bath. Splish splash.

11 - Made pizza, and then watched as Lily crawled across the living room in search of her mumma. She crawled so much, she had rug burn on her belly.

12 - Laughed as I listened to Bryan on the phone. He was trying to explain to his sisters how to turn on the computer, without using any computer lingo. Apparently, they haven't used it in...6 months. I cannot fathom this.

13 - Let my sweet Lily fall asleep on me, and watched her for a while before putting her to bed. She doesn't fall asleep on me very often - I miss it. She used to snuggle up like a little froggy. She's getting too big to do this, but she did her froggy for me tonight.

1 comment:

Auntie Tracy said...

Sounds like the perfect day to me .. :-)