Hiya,
Originally intended to post prior to midnight and still on my birthday...however...since the "new" blogger requires a different password, which somehow does not match what I have written down I was unable to meet that criteria.
And, truth be told, I am slightly annoyed at the moment.
Anyways...I am another year older, another year and a day now actually.
And how old is that you might ask...well, I have decided to start counting my age from A.D.
This being As Dad.
So, I am now in 1 A.D. Ergo, I am 1 this year. A few more years and I will match my mentality for the day. For those of you that do not know me well....the second of April is a dark day for me, I am almost always in a dark mood. Today was no exception, try as I might I could not improve my mood. Granted, in my small defense, I spent the day all but fuming that my wife had not gotten me a birthday gift...or card or anything. This was not the case, her parents and her all went in together to get me a gift...however I did not find out about this until after dinner at their place tonight.
If I was dark haired today I would have matched the dark and brooding description.
OK, I know it doesn't refer to hair color but what the hell, I am trying to alleviate the mood somewhat.
Honestly, I am not a smart man, I try to rule by logic, but like many others...emotions get the better of me and I tend to let them carry me along. I should have sat down at the start of the day and just appreciated all that I have; instead of being snarky all day long and cheering up at the end. Well, until I had the log in issues with blogger due to Google's interference.
Its amusing though, when Carrie got up, looked outside today...she tells me, so you got your weather...OK, if i could have ordered the weather, well it would have been like this today....that or a heavy rain...maybe rain next year.
All in all, as I look at being another year older, I can reflect and realize, while this year definitely had some trying moments, some painful moments, it also had moments of pure elation. My high points were the birth of my daughter and of course the first anniversary of marriage to my loving and very patient wife Carrie.
I won't bother with the lows, I've finally learned the wisdom to realize that you move on from the lows and you hold the high points near and dear to your heart, and when material thrown by monkey's hits the spinning device used to move air; they are what keep you going.
So, I'm definitely going to hold on tight to the two most important ladies in my life, because even on my birthday, its how I relate to them that I measure my day. Today I was lacking somewhat, I have 364 more days to make sure that does not happen next year.
Tuesday, April 03, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Happy Belated Birthday Brian !! I wish you all good things for the year ahead :-)
Post a Comment