Mmmm, so far, so good Mumma.
Ooooh, chocolate tastes goooood!
And it's fun to squish!
C is for Chocolate, not Cookie!
Is there something on my face?
Peek a Boo!
Lily had a wonderful time, and was showered with gifts. She was given enough Peek-A-Blocks to supply a small daycare, some great books, beautiful clothes and some electronic toys that will amuse her for countless hours while giving her mom a headache. That's what Advil is for - as long as she's having fun I can tune it out. Fisher Price understands that electronic toys can make parents crazy, so they come with on/off and loud/soft volume controls. She was also given a tree. Yes, a tree. My parents are buying a tree for our yard, in honor of her birth. There is a story behind this. When my grandpa passed away 5 years ago, some of my mom's friends gave her a gift from Hole's Greenhouse with the intent that she purchase a tree in honor of him. Instead of buying one for the house or the lake, Mom asked if I would want one for my yard. I loved the idea. We planted a gorgeous Schubert Cherry tree in front of my bedroom window. It's flourishing there, and is known as the Grandpa Tree. Now we will have a Lily Tree, to commemorate her arrival into our world. We're not sure what kind we will get. I'm partial to birches, but dad thinks that might not be the one to get. Here's why I want a birch. But we may go with a linden or another type. When I see the one, I will know. That's how it was with the Grandpa Tree. When Mom and I were shopping for it, I had no idea what I wanted. I saw a nice tree and went to look at it. Underneath the tree was a pot of pansies that another gardener had left behind. Pansies were my Grandpa's favorite. Then, an employee approached us to see if we needed help. His name was Ron, just like my Grandpa. That was the tree.
I hope that the Lily Tree picks us out the same way.
3 comments:
Looks like Lily's birthday was a "mushing" success. At least she could breathe by the end of her indulgence. I remember my girlfriend's daughter's first birthday (four years ago already)cake firmly planted up her nose and all.
Well, she hasn't had a bath yet today, and I'm still finding chocolate in her hair, her ears, her eyes. I'm sure there is some up her nose too. Last night Bryan kissed her and said "Mmmmm, chocolate flavored baby!"
I hope the lily tree picks you out the same way -- I was honored to be there to see her enjoy her cake. (I wouldn't have minded little fingers sharing it either ..!)
Post a Comment