I shouldn't have posted Lily's word list. Somehow she knew that I was telling people what she could say, and now she won't say anything!
Well, almost. She has now substituted 'down' for up.
She must be as bored as I am, due to being cooped up in the house because of the deep freeze outside. Today we went to a local store that carries really neat baby items. (I can't say what I bought because the wee men I bought things for have mommies that read my blog!) The owner has done a great job at making the space super mom and kid friendly. She has a train table and other toys for kiddies to play with, and there is nothing breakable at kid level. The store unleashed all the words she's been holding in this week! Lily tore around the store talking up a storm.
Mumma? Baby! Hi! Whada? Oh. Hi! Bye! Door? Pizzapizza. Mumma... etc etc.
She even waved and said bye as we left the store.
When we came home we found Bryan home a bit early. I passed him little Miss Chatty and told him I was going to shovel snow. He said he would do it. I replied that I didn't particularly care how cold it was, I was shovelling and he could empty the dishwasher. I am SO tired of being inside that I would rather be cold. So I shovelled. And then announced that we were going out for dinner because I wanted to. I even said I would pay. Ah, the best laid plans.
We gave Lily a snack before we left, and then went to our local Boston Pizza. They are pretty kid friendly - you don't have to worry if your kids are noisy. Lily is usually really good when we go out to eat. Tonight, for no reason, she tore off her bib and burst into tears. (Maybe it was the bug shaped pasta in the kids meal.) This went on for about 10 minutes. So in between tears and bib replacement, I inhaled my dinner. Couldn't tell you if it was good, bad or otherwise. I didn't even finish my drink. Bryan beat me to the debit machine and paid for dinner while I wrestled Lily into her boots coat and hat. After dinner, I wanted to go wander around Walmart for a while, but that wasn't to be. Someone had to poo. Sigh.
What age do they have to be before you can enjoy a meal in peace and leisure? Please don't tell me 18, because I don't think I'll make it.
5 comments:
I think it is pretty much hit or miss for a little while still.
People tell me this is the beginning of the terrible 2's... its like the moment Ariel learned the word 'no' my world changed. Hang in there. :)
Ugh, I feel your pain. That was us in church this past Sunday. As soon as we left the sanctuary and let her run around in the entry, she was happy as a clam. (((hugs))) I hate when a good dinner is ruined! :)
Three and counting - a calm, normal dinner is when they take an unscheduled nap, lol!
Yeah, I've had quite a few meals like this. He's become a lot more unpredictable at meals. That's cute about Lily in the store. Jackson will store up all of his words and release them in one day sometimes, too. It's like he wants people more important than me to hear them.
Post a Comment