Thursday, February 28, 2008

Hm...

Hiya...
I have not posted in a considerable time. But I figure after two weeks of "abuse"; my lack of geographical knowledge and apparent lack of will to protect my family from harm I thought it might be time.

In my defense, I have never left North America, and as such, I could give a rats pattootie about the weather in areas I most likely will never go to. It just never came up that the seasons were reversed, I had friends in Australia, so I was aware of the seasonal difference, but did not really think that one through to its completion.

And about being able to sleep through an apparent intruder, when I looked out the window the first time I noticed...'hey we still have 8 inches of snow in front of the house'...not seeing any depressions in the snow, I offered up my thoughts the first time Carrie heard the noise, that it was the snow melting off of our eaves troughs.

But all that aside, I see that my lovely and talented wife is keeping up with the blog very nicely; what's going on in my life? Well I am awaiting my books for school so that I can upgrade my apprentice year in plumbing. I have a 3 step plan, get books (already ordered 11 days ago, 2-3 weeks delivery), study books, challenge exam and get a significant raise. Following that, wait 3 or 4 months, get next year of books, study, and challenge that as well, earning another significant raise. Following that with much rejoicing.

I'm enjoying the time I spend with my little girl who is getting to be a handful at times, but a constant and real joy in my life.

Oh my wife is home, see you again in 2-3 months =P

No comments: