The last thing you want to hear outside your window at midnight, is the sound of footsteps. Not on the street, but RIGHT outside your window.
I heard this last night, and woke Bryan up. I said that there was someone out there. He got up, looked out the window, and said nothing was there, and then went back to bed.
Bryan falls asleep before his head hits the pillow.
Great. I'm going to have to fend off a home invasion all by myself.
A few minutes pass, and I hear footsteps again. This time I made Bryan listen until he heard them too. He looked out the window, but the sounds stopped again.
He went and turned on the front porch light - I thought this would send whoever was out there packing. We've had the windows open all day, I thought that maybe some wierdo was checking things out.
More footsteps.
Bryan looks out the front window and comes back after about 5 minutes. He says he knows what's going on. Our 'intruder'?
About two feet tall, white, with really big black ears.
A jackrabbit. A stupid, night owl, should be sleeping and not lurking under my windows, jack rabbit.
It took a while for my blood pressure to go back down. That bunny is on borrowed time, especially if he's the one that ate some of the bark off Lily's tree.
Thursday, February 28, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

6 comments:
The Easter bunny is checking out his route for this year. :)
OMG - my heart was racing reading the first part of your blog.
I caught an orange cat spraying my door last night. He and the bunny may share the same fate!
We have a jack rabbit too - He sat by our back deck in the same spot everyday, and the same time soaking up the sun. Now that the snow is melting, we don't see him as often.
Hope that bunny doesn't decide to eat more tree!!
Easter Bunny???
Did you check for chocolate eggs? Oops....that's not chocolate!
****
My brother sent this comment...
Those aren't chocolate buttons you know, lol - sorry that was from Flushed Away - further to the last comment, I couldn't resist.
Thank god it wasn't an intruder.
Have you tried putting chicken wire around the base of the tree? Brace it around it with some sticks just far enough away from the trunk so the rabbit won't be able t just gnaw through the holes. That should help.
After the bunny nibbled, we surrounded it with the wire - we'll see in spring.
Post a Comment