Sunday, September 14, 2008

A maze-ing!

Lily and I joined Keltie and Evan on a trip out to the Bon Accord Corn Maze. It was so much fun!

The weather was gorgeous; a perfect sunny fall day. The kids ran around and Keltie and I got to gab all day. Keltie was awesome and offered to drive, so for a rare treat, I was able to be a passenger. This post is pretty picture heavy, so I'll keep the writing to a minimum. Enjoy! (Click on pics to make bigger.)


Watching ducks.


At this point in the kid-sized mini maze, Lily decided she was a cat, and was on the path on all fours.



I love this one of the two of them.




Lily was happy just to watch them eat. They were pretty tame, and didn't bother her at all. To me, well, they just smelled sheepy.



This little goat was so sweet. It stood there for me for about 5 minutes, and let me scratch his horns.

An alpaca. Apparently they spit. We didn't get to find out. I was OK with that.




They had a giant playpen made of hay. It had a tunnel to get in, and was full of large balls for the kids to toss around. One way in, one way out. Ingenious! Keltie and I wondered how many bales of hay would fit on top of her tiny car.

Lily being silly.

Keltie on the tractor ride to the big maze.

Snacks on the way.

Messy girl.

For perspective: Lily is 35" high. It was a BIG corn maze.



I asked Lily what she was doing. "Pooping" was the answer. Ah, the honesty of a toddler. She wasn't pooping, just tooting. I know, thanks for sharing. Actually, once we arrived at the farm,I realized that I had tempted fate by not remembering extra clothes, diapers or wipes. Between Keltie and I we had a single size 3 diaper and brand new newborn clothes (a present for baby O), but nothing else. Well, we had snacks.




Note to self: green t shirt on toddler in corn maze = camouflage. Camouflage on toddler in corn maze = visible kid. Who knew?


View from the top of the maze.





Evan running about. He's two, but in this picture he seems older. You can see the boy he will become.


Thanks Keltie, for suggesting this outing. It was a perfect day!

2 comments:

Keltie said...

You should explain why we were wearing Mardi Gras beads.

missmarble said...

I'm still unsure as to why we had to wear them. Didn't the cashier call them 'dragon bling' ?

I guess it was better than a hand stamp. At least it was a family event and we didn't have to do anything 'special' to get the beads.