Friday, September 12, 2008


New coat!



Since our little miss has grown a ton, most of her winter gear from last year won't fit. I found the cutest coat for her yesterday. It seems silly to buy winter gear in September, but you have to or there is nothing left but sparkly princess Disney stuff. We don't do sparkly princess here. Lily loves to have pretty things in her hair, and has fun dressing up, but isn't really girly-girl. Her favorite things for dress up? Her dad's stinky work ball cap, oven mitts and what ever shoes she can steal. Occasionally she grabs things from the clean laundry basket to add to her ensemble..Posted by Picasa
That's when we see outfits like this. Yes, she is wearing 2 hats, and has another 2 shirts around her neck.
I can't wait to see what she dresses herself in, once she is able to do it all herself. If we leave her to her own devices, she still puts pant legs on her arms and socks on her hands. She gets her own shoes on, on the correct feet, most of the time.
When her dad dresses her, well, that's always another story.

3 comments:

Keltie said...

That's a cute coat! It's way more fun than Evan's orangey-red Timberland winter coat...which I might add I bought in August!!!

At least there's stuff left if you wait too long to buy a girls winter jacket...there's NOTHING if you wait too long to buy a boys.

missmarble said...

Unfortunately, there isn't a lot of cute girls stuff out there either. I've been looking for a while. What I've found is too Disney, too Dora, too sparkly or just too expensive. I saw $90 (!) snowsuits at Sears this summer.

This one is reversible, and should fit her for 2 winters. Because it's 3/4 length, she won't need snowpants most of the time.

Auntie Tracy said...

I remember buying coats for Lisa in the summer too ... Zellers had a great deal on clearance stuff from the year before .. and bought her the same coat twice .. one a size bigger, and one 2 sizes bigger ... she wore them for 3 winters !!