To sleep, perchance to dream...
OK, it's a quote from Hamlet that really isn't talking about sleep or dreaming, but man, I could use a decent night's sleep!
There is nothing more annoying than a neighbor with a car alarm. Oh wait, there is. How about a neighbor with a car alarm that not only has a siren, but flashing lights that shine into your bedroom? Even more annoying was that the alarm went off not once, but twice last night, and each time it took the turkey 15 minutes to come outside and shut the darn thing off.
Did I mention I have been having trouble sleeping? No? Well I am. Just call me Sleepless and longing for Seattle.
I honestly wish there was a way for me to remove my brain before going to bed, because I can't stop my mind from racing as I am trying to fall asleep.
The problem - all the stuff I have to do.
1- Try and get both of us to the bank to finally sign off on the loan papers so we can begin the chaos at home.
2- Begin the chaos at home!
3- Make list after list and try to cross a few things off these lists.
What kind of stuff is on the lists? Well, a little bit of everything. I need to sort through our laundry and storage room to make room for the things that need to live there while we gut and reno the basement. The laundry area will be the last spot we redo, so it's the holding area for things like bins of baby clothes, Bryan's comic collection (why he still needs these is beyond me, but it's a guy thing...) Christmas decorations, tools and renovations things, and of course, the washer and dryer.
After this is done, then I need to arrange to get some items into the garage to donate to charity, install some temporary track lighting so we can actually see what we are doing while renovating (with the intent of moving the track lighting into the furnace or laundry rooms once we are done), demo a wall so that I can show the furnace guys where I want an additional heating duct (in what will be our master bedroom), call said furnace guys to get an estimate on replacing our ancient furnace and water heater with something that doesn't require owning my own natural gas well, call electrician to replace main electrical panel in the house and so on and so on.
This doesn't include the fun I need to have in arranging for a car tune up, windshield replacement and detailing before we do the car swap with my folks. Oh yeah, must call insurance company to ask about rates for the Tribute, and to see what (if any) additional coverage I will need as we do the work on the basement.
So this, and about a million other things have me anxious and worried and unable to sleep.
And if that car alarm goes off again tonight, I may have to consider how well I can swing a rubber mallet. Just kidding. I think.
Tuesday, October 21, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment