So now that Lily is going to daycare on Mondays, I have to pack a lunch once a week. Miss Lily is in the throes of I'm two and I don't like anything.
"I want to push a button"
has been replaced with:
"I won't like it"
and
"I won't like it more".
Translation, "I really don't like it". Argh.
Well, there are some things she'll eat. Ranch dip. Jam. Ketchup. Applesauce. Yogurt. So we serve everything else with one of the above sauces in hopes that some of the food coated actually hits her tummy. Yesterday she surprised me by eating a lot of ham. You never know. Then again, she did put most of the chopped ham into the strawberry yogurt before eating it. Sigh.
Back to the lunches - what will I pack for her? I have to abide by the no nuts policy that is in place in most care centres. That's easy enough to look after.
Sandwiches are easy when you know what your kid will eat. Not so easy when she HAS to eat it as there is no other option. Maybe that's the trick. Hopefully she'll play so much that she'll be starving, and the peer pressure of 17 other kids will cause her to eat every morsel.
So, blog friends, what is your favorite sandwich? I have an ulterior motive here, as I am trying to win a contest, and get an extra entry if I post this in my blog as well.
My favorite guilty pleasure sandwich: cream cheese and bacon on toasted brown bread.
My favorite comfort sandwich: tuna salad on light rye, made my my Auntie Eleanor.
My favorite fancy sandwich: grilled ham and cheese on cinnamon raisin bread.
My favorite hot sandwich: tuna melts made by my Grandma P.
Sandwich I would never eat: a Reuben. Just can't do the sauerkraut!
Sandwich I have been craving: one of Christine's Cuban sandwiches, or her other amazing creation, the Chicken Caesar Po'Boy.
And the contest? Pop on over to a peek inside the fishbowl to see what's up.
2 comments:
I'm not really a sandwich person anymore. In school, I really loved grated cheese on a sandwich with some mayo and some seasoning. I also really like Reubens - but that's a no go for you.
Roast beef with horse radish on multigrain bread is my suggestion...but IDK if Miss Lily would like horseradish.
She's try it, but then she would tell me
"I won't like it. It's hot again."
Post a Comment