There was a mouse in my house!
She was the cutest mouse...she alternated between calling herself a mouse and Ratatouille. Especially when it was naptime and time to take off the costume.
"Nonoooononoonoooo! MoremousemoremouseonononononNoooooo! MoreRattatouillerightnowrightthere! NOoooooooo! "
Mumma won.
Heading out to Lala and Buppa's for dinner and to show off the costume.
That's my cheesy girl!
Ready to go.
She had a ton of fun, and didn't take long to figure out that if she knocked on the door, someone would give her candy. She was really polite and said thank you to just about everyone, and even said the ocassional "Trick or Treat" in a teeny tiny voice. And she only said "More" a couple of times, much to my embarassment! One lady was so taken with her that she gave Lily all the colors of Playdough. I haven't introduced her to Playdough yet, but upon opening it, I was transported back to my own childhood. That's what Halloween does to you when you are grown up. As Bryan and I walked from door to door, we recounted our favorite costumes. Any guesses? Bryan's was Batman, and mine was Bug Bunny. But I think that my favorite Halloween memory was when my Mom and Dad switched costumes to go to a Halloween party. My Mom went as Sylvester to complement our neighbor's Tweety Bird. What was my dad, you ask? He borrowed my Mom's Raggedy Ann costume, complete with yarn wig. I don't think he wore striped tights, and he certainly didn't shave his moustache off for the party, so the effect was more Klinger from M*A*S*H* than Raggedy Ann.
Ahhh, childhood memories.

2 comments:
It looks like you and your Mouse had a lot of fun ! I still have a recipe for playdough if you want it ..
I miss Silly Putty myself ! It was always fun putting it on the comics and then stretching it out.
I wonder if that's where the stretch armstrong idea came from .... ?
Ahhh, the memories....I gave play doh to the kids at Stirling's prechool for their party....waiting on it seems like a good idea; we bought him a huge pack with over 30 colours in it, needless to say most of them are either combined, in the garbage or waiting for mommy to "fix" them (a little water works, saves you money too) And it always ends up on your floor everywhere, no matter how many times you pick it up. Now I know why I only got the Strawberry Shortcake Playdoh set in the 80s. Hmm :oP
Post a Comment