And achoo, sniff, snort, hack, cough and groan.
The plague has descended upon our house. Lily and I both have colds. And not the garden variety runny nose, sneeze for a couple of days and it goes away kind. These are the deep in your chest sinus ones and we both feel awful. My chest hurts so much I'm wondering about Pneumonia. If it's not better by Wednesday, I'm going to the doctor. I haven't had to go to a doctor in AGES, and I am not looking forward to sitting in a waiting room full of other sick people just to have the doctor confirm that I am indeed sick, and to just suck it up and ride it out. Because that's all you can really do with a cold. I stocked up on Vick's Vaporub & Breathe Right strips for me and some Dimetapp for Miss Lily. She's so pale and miserable right now, I just want to hug and hold her, but all she wants is to be in her bed. Poor sweet girl.
I worked today - time and a half plus holiday pay is way too tempting. To get the time and a half and holiday pay, I can't call in sick tomorrow, so I am going to spend the day in my jammies, watch a little hockey and then haul myself in to work at 6pm. Lily is not going to school tomorrow either, so it will be a Lily and Mumma day.
It's Shrove Tuesday tomorrow, so I will make waffles for lunch.
We have more progress on the basement - our new windows are in! They look so good, and will certainly make a difference in the warmth of the basement. We have a few framing details to work out on the rest, and then we can start insulation and drywall. Now if I could only get my plumber to finish piping in the bathroom...
pass the kleenex will you?
No comments:
Post a Comment