Alrighty then...as requested.
This is completely random and aimless.
I don't know how much I have to say. I'm sleep deprived and a little cranky today. Lily has been testing her limits this past week and I know I've reached mine. Her idea of problem solving and mine are not the same. For example, today she wanted to wear tights, an undershirt and a short sleeved sweater dress to school. Perfectly appropriate for this weather. When I showed up the 11:30, she was wearing tights and an undershirt. No dress. She tried to tell me that to go back outside she did not require a dress, and could go home like that. I was half tempted to take her outside as she was, but just wasn't up for the looks I would get from everyone. In my exasperated mom voice I got to explain that if she was 'too sweaty' (her all purpose excuse for clothing issues) she could have taken off the undershirt and put the dress back on. Problem solved.
***
I meant to take my laptop to the coffee shop today, but I didn't. I wouldn't have had a seat anyway, as the 2 tables that have electrical outlets near them were occupied. So I read the paper and did the crossword. I am all for communal newspapers at the coffee shop, but some twit takes the entire page out of the Journal to do the crossword. And doesn't put it back. I don't care if someone else does the crossword, but taking out whole pages from the paper is just rude. So I did the one from the Sun. It wasn't the same.
***
This afternoon Lily decided it would be fun to wear a bathing suit and pretend her blue quilt is a pool. I was game with that until she emptied a glass of water on said blanket. (She explained that it made it more like a real pool.) Big sigh. So she's in the bath, swimsuit on, with real water. Daytime baths are rare around here, so she thinks she's getting a treat. In reality, she is contained in one spot and I get to drink tea and write in my blog.
Off to salvage the chicken that I have now overcooked.
***
Chicken is possibly salvageable. Peanut sauce covers a multitude of things. Thai it is.
***
Lily just came over to me, covered in blue chalk. Hands and face. I sent her to the bathroom to wash with water AND soap. A voice just floated out over the sound of running water
"Mumma, I even got it on my tongue."
I hope IKEA chalk is non toxic.
Now that she's back from the bathroom, she has plastered her bangs down to her head with water. (And possibly soap) Why?
"I wanted to have brown hair just like you Mumma."
Bigger sigh. I love that kid. Even if she does drive me nuts.
Tuesday, March 22, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment