Travel update from mom and dad...
"Inspector Clouseau
was our pilot and reminded us that no
smooking is pair meat een ze toilettes .
A dead ringer for Clouseau for
pronunciation ..."
They have arrived in Paris, safe and sound. Dad sent a picture too, but he looked tres fatigue, so I will not include that. I can't wait to hear more of their travel adventures. If I can, I will pass along photos throughout the trip. Their next leg of the journey is a bit of lunch in Paris, followed by a train ride on the TGV down to the south. They are staying in Sete, picking up their rental car and possibly Dad's rental bicycle. Dad's doing the MS Bikeathon Ride for Life again this year and will be doing some of his on-road training in France.
Notes from home:
Bryan is working in Whitecourt today, attempting to dig rocks. He sounded a bit exasperated in his text message, and asked that I go out and buy Strongbow. For someone that drinks it about three times a year, that was a request not to be ignored. It, along with a bonus Strongbow glass, is now chilling in the fridge.
Keltie and Evan are coming for dinner - steak, asparagus, salad and new potato dish are on the menu.
Lily is attempting to make a pillow fort. I am bribing her with a movie in her room (on the laptop) so that I can tidy the house and get dinner prepped. She thinks its her own personal movie theatre, and I get some work done. As a special treat, it's a good one.
More to come later.
Glad you made it there safe and sound Mom and Dad! Enjoy, and have a glass of wine and a galette for me.

No comments:
Post a Comment