
So this weekend we are house and Molly sitting for mom and dad. I'm waiting for the call from Dad that starts - "So how's my girl?"
The answer is not "I'm fine Dad." He wants to know how his dog is.
So far no call...
We've had adventures in sleet so far. We were both too busy trying to keep frozen rain out of our eyes to see what it was that she was picking up and eating on her walk. Hopefully it was only dirty soggy kleenex. Yucky, I know, but consider the multitude of alternative items a dog could possible consume on a walk and you'll understand why we are hoping for kleenex.
I have no idea if she was fed before mom and dad left this afternoon. Anyone with a dog, Labradors in particular, knows that you can't ask a dog if it's been fed. They lie. Like a dog.
So, mom and dad, she's been fed twice tonight. It all comes out in the end anyway...
1 comment:
I had a lab when I was a kid, she used to "inhale" her bowl of kibble in about 3.4 seconds!!! So I know what you are talking about!
Once she got into the closet where the bag of food was and ate, and ate, and ate...until she was so full she had to sit and eat, and eat, and eat...until she was so full she had to lie down and eat, and eat, and eat...we came home to an almost empty bag, and one VERY bloated doggie! That was a rough night - she was very sick!!!
Post a Comment