Birthday Post!
Ok, today, as some of you probably know, is my birthday. I won't say how old I am, but I will just go to say that today was one of my better birthdays as an adult. Easily ranking in the top three, perhaps the best, I cannot be certain, I require a bit more thought before saying that.
Anyway, I started the day by waking up bright and early, accursed daylight savings!
Snuck out of bed, careful not to rouse my sleeping wife, then proceeded to get dressed and run out the door to get her the paper. Get back, sit and play on my computer for an hour or two until Carrie wakes up. She then after reading the paper and enjoying some coffee I make her, makes me breakfast.
After breakfast/lunch, we head off to get my little sisters birthday gift; as we have already gotten one for my father-in-laws birthday which is fast approaching. Oddly enough, my sister and my father-in-law share a common date.
So we then get home after our jaunt, and find my birthday gift on the back steps from my in-laws, which I will put to good use shortly, a drill/flashlight combo from Ryobi.
A short break later, off to dinner at Ric's grill in Sherwood park, I had steak and I must say, damn tasty! And Carrie talked me into having the ginger cake for desert, everyone needs cake on their birthday she tells me.
Come home, spend time with my wife and cats, and realize just how lucky I am to be where I am, with Carrie and our baby on the way. As she put it, just imagine next years birthday, you'll have a baby to share it with. And I will, I have little doubt of my parenting skills, while I am a neophyte in that regard I have great support, and that's what matters in the end.
Sunday, April 02, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment