Had another checkup this week. I was commenting to my OB that things were kind of boring right now - I feel fine, and the baby is doing fine too. She just chuckled at me and told me that boring is good, as it means everything is going well and that I have nothing to worry about. I guess I expected that the visits would somehow be more exciting.
The part I dreaded the most, getting weighed, was not as bad as I thought it would be. Last month I gained 6 lbs between appointments, but this month I gained only 2 lbs. This means overall I have gained 10 lbs, but since I lost 15 lbs in the first trimester due to the morning sickness, I am still down 5 lbs. My doctor says this is just fine, I'm right on track.
The neatest part is feeling the baby kick and do somersaults - I thought it would be weird, but it's such a gradual change from the tiny flutters and swishy movements to the full on soccer kicks, that I am really enjoying it. I'm sure that I will take this back when my ribs and other inside parts are sore and bruised from being poked and prodded as this baby gets bigger and bigger. The funny thing is, every time I call Bryan over to feel the baby move, the little stinker gets shy and stops moving as soon as he puts his hand on my belly. It's getting a little frustrating!
Only 11 more weeks of work, and 15 to go until this little one is due to arrive. We can't wait!
Thursday, April 27, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
My baby turned one today, and it is bitter sweet for me to read your blog. It feels like yesterday that I was also going through those same emotions. It is sooo nice for me to read your feelings and think back to the day I felt my sweet peanut doing baby yoga inside of my tummy. Please keep posting. I love it!!!
Thanks Dallas! I read your posts to see all the fun (and frustrating!) things I have to look forward to.
Happy Birthday Paige!
Remember when you told me about the Hello Josephine blog? Your's is so much better ! And not because I know you either, you really have a way with words that, like Dallas said, makes you remember all those good times being pregnant. This time is special, and i'm so glad you're enjoying it !
Post a Comment