Thursday, April 06, 2006



So we decided on a crib for the baby's room. We received some bonus money at work, so I have a cheque on the fridge that is waiting to be spent...
I'm on vacation as of the 13th, so I plan to spend the week off getting some of the baby's room in order. Putting the crib together, painting a dresser, and doing some decorative painting on the walls. We're going with a 'bug' theme, ladybugs and dragonflies, caterpillars and butterflies. We wanted to avoid the usual pastel colors that are used when one doesn't know what is on the way - pale green and pale yellow.


The room is currently a pretty periwinkle blue, almost purple. It will work with a boy or a girl. We're adding lime green and white. I found some simple brushed nickel lamps at (where else?) HD, and they were 1/2 off. If I get tired of them in the baby's room I can always move them somewhere else in the house. All we need is a room darkening roller shade, and a rocking chair.


And a baby of course... 18 weeks to go.

1 comment:

missmarble said...

Another generation to pass this term on to! Right back at ya dad!