Tuesday, June 20, 2006

Getting very tired...

Had my latest OB appointment today, and she says this is normal: at 32-33 weeks, mommies-to-be tend to get this way. Might have something to do with the lack of quality sleep. I have to get up a few time a night, and I can't turn over. Bryan isn't sleeping either, and he has reported that I've been really restless.

My brother asked how I was doing, and I emailed him back that the best way for him to tell would be to strap a basketball to his belly and then try to turn over in bed. It just doesn't work.

I have lost weight since my visit two weeks ago, but the doctor said I am fine and that she thinks things are going really well. Honestly, I really needed to hear that, because I was starting to wonder. Logically I know I am just fine, and that the baby is also fine, but the worrier in me has gotten in the way of logic. I guess it has to do with my appointment two weeks ago when she said she wanted me to go for another ultrasound because the baby was a bit big. Ever since then, I've been worried.

So I have a third ultrasound in a couple of weeks. At 36 weeks, I don't really know what it will tell them, or what they can do for me. I do hope that Peanut slows down and doesn't get too big.

On a different note, Dad's retirement party is tomorrow. No one will tell us anything about it, other than where to be and what time to be there. I'm sure there will be some surprises, perhaps some incriminating photos and some people from the past. I can remember going along to school functions when I was little, and I think the 5 or 6 year old version of myself made it in to a yearbook or two at Ellerslie. Bryan is expecting a 'roast'...I don't see that happening at the school part of the function, but the rest of the evening is taking place at a golf club...if there is any roasting to be done, that's the place it will happen.

More on that later...

No comments: