Sunday, June 11, 2006

June 11...Only 2 months to go.

I have so much to do, and not much time. Only 4 weeks of work left, which means 4 weeks of time on my own to rest, prepare and try not to have a complete breakdown considering the fact that I am soon to be someone's mother.

Today it occurred to me that I have absolutely no idea what I am doing. I am scared to death that I am not going to be able to take care of this little person, and that I won't know what to do. I'm sure that this is completely normal, and that every first time parent has this moment of panic before the big day arrives. At least that's what I've been telling myself all weekend.

My doctor is sending me for another ultrasound in a couple of weeks, because this little one is measuring a little ahead of schedule. This can mean a couple of things, one being that Peanut may arrive earlier than later. That's a good thing. It can also mean that this little one is not so little, and that the birth may be a fun one. Ultrasounds and measurements can also be off, so I'm trying not to stress about it. I was 6 lbs 13 oz, and Bryan was 8 lbs ? oz, and from what I've read, most babies fall within the average of Mom and Dad's birthweights. So a 7 lb-sh baby is just fine - hopefully that's what we get. I did remember that both previous ultrasounds showed Peanut about 4 days larger than average for the dates we had the ultrasounds. Now he/she is about 9 days larger. Hopefully it was just a growth spurt and my next appt is uneventful.

On a more positive note, I passed my diabetes screening, and my bloodwork came back perfect, so I am still as healthy as I was when we started the process. I guess that means the vitamins and my silly pineapple addiction have been a good thing for both of us!

No comments: