Wednesday, March 28, 2007

Cut and paste...

I had my surgical consultation today, and the doctor confirmed that they will be taking out my gall bladder. Other than having my wisdom teeth out, I have never had any surgery. I don't really count that as surgery - how surgical is it when you are sitting upright in a chair?

My condition has an official name: Cholecystitis, which is just a fancy name for an inflamed gall bladder.

The surgery is scheduled for May 4 th.

( ASIDE: This is right before Mother's Day. Appropriately, I will be in the care of my mother, being mothered so I can mother my Lily. Hopefully my husband will remember that until Lily is mobile, he is responsible for taking care of Mother's Day arrangements. A card signed by her would be fabulous - anything else is a bonus. I don't expect a repeat of the original poem that accompanied my birthday card, my first as a mom, but I'm sure Bryan will find something equally endearing that will make me cry. )

It's day surgery, and the doctor says I can get back to regular activities as soon as I want to. 4 tiny incisions, and that's it. Well, I'm sure I'll feel like absolute crap for a couple of days, but at least I don't have to stay in the hospital.

At least it will put an end to the attacks, and will allow me to eat normal non-bland food again. Spicy food seems to bother me the most, so of course I am craving things like curry, samosas, chili, and salsa. Instead, I have potatoes, chicken, salad and toast. Blah.


2 comments:

Keltie said...

Yay! I'm glad it will be quick and dirty (so to speak). And just over a month away.

We can go out and have a celebratory spicy meal when you are feeling up to it.

Auntie Tracy said...

Let me know if there's anything I can do Honey !! ...