Hello again,
Google has once again been somewhat resistant to me posting...
But its actions to keep me off the web have been thwarted! THWARTED I TELL YOU!
Anyway, on Friday of this week we had the company golf tourney; at Millwoods golf course.
I know, many of you are thinking...Bryan playing golf, out in the sun...and you'd be right!
By hole 13 I was starting to get a headache, by hole 16 I felt like my brain was melting. Yes that's right, once again the accursed sun got the better of me. I was lucky/unlucky to get in with the first group of golfers in our Texas scramble tourney (well more so for fun then anything else)
And after a short while I realized I need my own clubs if my ability is going to be anything more then sporadic good shots.
I had fun, I enjoyed my time out in the sun....to a point, that point me getting sunstroke and having...hmm whats the opposite of quality time...in the bathroom. So I didn't get to stay for the meal, a buffet, that included steaks...I didn't get to stay for the draw of prizes and other assorted gifts from all our suppliers and other companies we do business with...but I did walk away with one of the hats and nice yellowy/green windbreakers (being serious there, I like the windbreaker.)
I thanked my boss for the golf and the jacket and quickly hailed a cab and the moment I got inside I headed straight to bed.
By now I have recovered sufficiently to work tomorrow.
All that being said, aside from that I am in a bit of a snit with the apprenticeship board, they had no record of me having anything past a grade nine education, and as such would not grant me a spot in one of the classes for apprentice training until I sent them transcripts....so this delayed me by a week, I will be trying to get in this week...hopefully all the spots are not taken and I will be able to get into school this fall. If not...I will simply get the books and study and challenge the exam, I mean I only need a 70, how hard is that after all...
I figured I would just babble about me, my lovely wife keeps everyone apprised of all that goes on with her and our wonderful little girl.
Until next time.
Sunday, May 27, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Hopefully everything gets sorted out with school.
What are you guys doing to keep cool in this heat?
Post a Comment