Back to school.
It's that time of year again. I just finished completing my online registration for a writing course at the University of Alberta. It will be at the new downtown campus, which is going to be pretty amazing. The bus takes me from door to door, so I don't have to worry about parking.
I have enjoyed blogging, and after some (OK, a lot!) of coaxing by friends and family, I am taking it a step further. I am taking a night class at the Faculty of Extension. What course, you ask?
Introduction to Creative Writing.
I wrote for the school literary magazine when I was in high school - half a lifetime ago. I loved the process of writing a story: weaving plot and character and words together to tell a tale. There is another course I would love to take after this, which is writing Creative Non-Fiction. The introductory course will touch on this, and I am eager to see where the course will take me. I may register for the second course too.
While I love to share my writing with everyone, this course is really just for me. A treat.
I start on the 4th of October, and I can't wait.
And, this means I get to buy school supplies!
Thursday, September 06, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Does this mean you will have an 'Easy button'
I think you will love that class. I would love to take that class.
You express yourself so well; I'm sure these courses will be a blast!
Keltie, I think we both needed an Easy button this week.
Post a Comment