Lily is such a funny little girl. She is trying really hard to say proper words, along with the signs we have taught her, and for the most part we can figure out what she wants. I'll have to teach her 'nap' because her sign for 'nap' is also a hug. It's very sweet, but when she hugs you, and then goes and finds a pillow and hugs it, and then finds a blanket and hugs it, it means she wants to sleep. So much for the love!
She is doing so much - she took 2 steps for me on Friday, and 4 for her Dad. She knows how to woof like a dog, meow like a cat, moo like a cow and baa like a sheep. She can find her head, tummy, nose and toes if you ask her. But if you ask her if she wants toast, she grabs her feet. It's a work in progress.
Yesterday she learned apple, which is funny, since she has no idea what an apple is. I'm allergic to raw apples, so we don't have them in the house. Lily gets applesauce every day, but if you showed her an actual apple, she would have no clue.
Today it was egg. I don't eat these either, but she does. She's been sick, and hasn't been eating well, so we are trying to fatten her up. So lunch today was toast and cheesy scrambled eggs. She pointed to the eggs, and said "Da?" (what's that?) I said egg. As I said it, she was looking at my mouth to see how I said the word, and tried it out herself. It's amazing how they learn language, and remember to use their words and signs in context. She knows what a cat is, and meows every time she sees the cat in the house, or if she sees one in a book or on TV. She even meows at the picture on the toilet paper package when we go shopping.
Her favorite thing (besides shredding paper) is to read and be read to. She grabs her books and sits down on the floor and flips the pages back and forth. If she wants to be read to, she'll grab your hand, slap a book into it and plop down in your lap. Subtle!
Mom and dad looked after her on Saturday while Bryan and I were at a wedding. Mom said that Lily decided it was time to go for a walk - she crawled up into her stroller seat, and looked at my mom. She is one determined child.
Monday, October 01, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Hmmmmm ... wonder where she gets that from ??
Oh, that's from her dad! ;)
Toes & Toast are soooo similar.
Paige is perplexed by Evan vs Oven.
Ha ha...that's so cute! I love the way they learn things and take it all in. It sounds like she's a very smart little girl! And very entertaining.
Post a Comment