Monday, October 29, 2007

Yay!
I am back on line with a computer that doesn't need a defibrillator to start up. I attempted to call BestBuy to see if I should bring the computer to them, or call HP to set up the warranty work from there. After waiting on hold far too long, and pressing any and every option I could, I hung up and called HP. Who solved my problem in about a minute.



Here's what they said:

Unplug the computer.

While unplugged, hold down the power button for 1 to 2 minutes.

Plug all the stuff back in and turn it on.

If this doesn't work, call back.



It worked!

I don't have to call back!



As for Best Buy - a big fat raspberry. There is no option within their answering system that allows you to talk to a human being. Even the Despot lets you talk to a person once in a while.



Here are my suggestions for new options for their lovely answering system.



To speak to a Customer Service representative, press 1. We won't actually direct your call anywhere, but waiting on hold allows you to avoid housework, or calls from anyone else. We will pick up as soon as we sense that you are doing something important, or going to the bathroom.

To speak to the Geek Squad, press 2. They are all currently running an 'instance' on World of Warcraft, and can't be interrupted for at least an hour. Leave a detailed message outlining the nature of your computer problem. If they can understand what you mean by 'the cord thingy won't plug into the box thingy so I can get my pictures off my MP3iphoneberry' they might call you back.

To speak to the Home Theatre department, press 3. They won't pick up the call, because they are too busy checking out the newest surround sound system, and can't actually hear the phone.

To hear these options again, press 0. After we play them again, our system will hang up on you. Thank you for shopping Best Buy.

1 comment:

SarahRachel said...

Ha ha...love it! That's one of my biggest pet peeves when you can't talk to a person. Sometimes what you need just isn't offered so I'll just start pushing random buttons in hopes of getting the "secret" button that lets you talk to someone.