Thursday, November 08, 2007

I would love to know what part of the space/time continuum that Edmonton Transit Service exists in. Once again, I spent the better part of my evening waiting for a bus that does not appear to exist. I am beginning to believe that somewhere around Gold Bar Park is a black hole that appears only when I need to catch the bus, and it sucks said bus into the dark swirling depths of space, and regurgitates it somewhere near West Edmonton Mall.

My bus is supposed to arrive at my stop at 6:21. The bus may actually arrive at 6:15, or 6:30. One never knows. So I left the house at 6:03, and arrived at the stop at 6:05. PLENTY of time. Too much time. The @#$$%^#& thing didn't show up until 6:36. Guess when the next bus is due to arrive at the stop? According to the ETS Online Trip Planner...6:36. This means that an entire bus is missing.

Parents, wives and husbands - are you missing a loved one? Perhaps we need to send Air One out in search of this lost bus. The passengers probably haven't noticed they are nowhere near home. The teenagers are too busy text messaging the friend that is sitting next to them. The weary office workers are plugged into their ipods, listening to the books they are too busy to read. The bus driver is on autopilot, stopping and opening the door, handing out transfer after transfer, somehow missing the fact that he has skipped an entire portion of the city every time he gets sucked back into the black hole of Route 1.

Now I know why people drive everywhere.

2 comments:

SarahRachel said...

ha ha...I think you could write an entire fiction story based on this! =) I've always been jealous of all public transportation offered in other cities and/or countries but I didn't really consider how you're at the mercy of those systems!

Jay said...

Same issues here in BC... sigh. My poor hubby has no choice though, there is NO parking anywhere these days down town. Argh.