Bryan has been predicting snow for three months. First he said it would snow in September. I told him it was not allowed to snow before my birthday. Mother Nature agreed, and the weather was lovely. Then he said it would snow in October. I pointed out how nice the weather has been the Thanksgiving weekend, for oh, the last 3 or 4 years. He grudgingly agreed that yes, it has been nice. Still no snow. Then he grumbled that it would be a snowy Halloween for sure. Mother Nature was nice to the kids this year, and it was a perfect night for Trick or Treating. (Or so I heard, I was stuck working at the Despot)
How can you not kiss that face?
It finally snowed last night. Lily was too little to play in the snow last year, so this was her first time out in it. Not that there was a lot, but enough to see what it was all about.
We bundled her into her new snowsuit, new boots and new hat. (Hopefully she won't outgrow them by next week.) I think she enjoyed going outside. Here was our day.
No, I didn't wash her face with the snowball...
It was all fun and games, until the toddler hit the sidewalk. A scraped lip, bumped cheek and a lot of tears meant an end to the afternoon. We can't wait to take her out to the park for toboggan rides!
3 comments:
Carrie I love reading your blog :) I feel your pain about being late- never fails- if one thing is going to go wrong, most things will! I blame a guy named Murphy. Keep it up- I'm really glad you're enjoying your class. School is good (in small doses lol) isn't it?
I LOVE the shadow picture!
We got snow in October last year...so far it's holding off. Is a snow-free Thanksgiving too much to ask for?
Wow! It was 70 yesterday here in North Carolina! Lily looks very cute in the snow and I love the last picture of the shadows...very cool.
Post a Comment