Sunday, May 11, 2008

Mother's Day

It's been a long long day. Someone at work, someone who was apparently hatched and has no concept of Mother's Day, decided that a store meeting at the awful hour of 6am was a good idea. So I've been awake since before 5am today.

I came home at 8:30 to wake my sweet girl. We had a nice cuddle while she ate Cheerios. She gave me a card that she had picked out herself. Bryan said he steered the stroller so she could reach the cards, and she picked out a pretty card with pink and orange flowers on it. Very nice. Lily told me it was 'pretty'.

I beat Lily to her morning nap, and we both crashed until about 1pm. It wasn't enough for me, but I think it's because I am coming down with a cold. That or my allergies are rearing again. Time for Claritin. I still feel crappy - we had to turn down a dinner invitation at Mark's (next door) because I wasn't up to it. Disappointing, because he was going to make steak. Mmmm, yummy steak.

Bryan and Mark were going to put Lily's swing set together, but some of the bolts were stripped, so we made the executive decision to purchase all new bolts. I have to get them at my store tomorrow, so Lily's "Whee!", as she calls the swing and slide, will have to wait. I bought her a toddler swing, but hers will be decorated with flower stickers instead of Tony Stewart gear.



I finished the day by watching the Penguins beat the Flyers again. The score was 4-2, should have been 5-2 due to an incredibly blind group of goal judges...but that's another story. Lily's latest word is...

HOCKEY! What a good girl. We're trying to teach her to say "Shoot the puck!" but she hasn't said it yet.

The past couple of days she has added BEAN, PRETTY, HOCKEY, and GLASS to her ever-growing list of words.

It was a good day - my girl was fun and giggly all day, and made me laugh. She gave big hugs and even a few kisses. She is my world and my love and she completes me. I wouldn't have it any other way. Being a mom is great.

To my mom, who is away in the south of France, I miss you and I love you! Can't wait for you to come home.

1 comment:

SarahRachel said...

Other than the store meeting (seriously!! how effed up is that?!) it sounds like it was a great day! =)