Monday, May 26, 2008

A dad, a toddler and duct tape...

Lily loves to play with stickers. Chapters puts round stickers on their 30% off and irewards books. These come off fairly easily, and are a great way to amuse her at Starbucks while I enjoy my latte. Once she realized that many of our books at home have the same stickers on them, she started to ask to have more 'ticks'. She plops a book down and says "Want ticks" and waits patiently while we peel off the round stickers. In toddler logic, any book or magazine with a round thing on it is a sticker. And we are to immediately peel it off for her. Have you ever tried to convince a toddler that a UPC code is not in fact a sticker, and is part of the cover of a magazine? It's not easy.

I looked for some round stickers today, but the Dollarama Store selection was not great. When we were at Winners, I swiped a sticker off their pricing cart and Lily proudly displayed her DUVET COVER sticker on the front of her coat, for all to see.


When she does get her little hand on a sticker, she goes around sticking it to her leg, her nose, her dad's hairy leg (ouch!), the couch and the floor until there is no more stick to the sticker.

When I went grocery shopping tonight I found a little book of dragonfly stickers that will be great. I told Bryan about the stickers, and asked if he found one to give her to play with while I was out. He said yes.

And then I saw the roll of duct tape.

Only a man would improvise a sticker by giving a toddler a piece of duct tape.

3 comments:

sleeplessnights04 said...

Ah ha ha ha ha....good luck removing that from your leg! You always wondered what he would look like if he had no hair on his legs, right?

Keltie said...

Well, at least Bryan was creative!

Brenda said...

Oh so much fun! I bet she only stuck the duct tape to Daddy's leg once! :)