Tuesday, September 20, 2005














(First pic is a view of the school campus. Next pic is some of the teachers. Craig is on the left.)

Today I finally had a call from my brother Craig, who is teaching in China for a year.
I've had email, and updates from mom and dad, but this was the first call I've had. He sounds so happy! We tried to see if it would be possible for him to come home for the wedding, but it just wouldn't work. As an amazingly generous wedding gift, my Uncle Barry and Aunt Faye are flying him home in January, which is during the Chinese New Year break. I can't wait to see him and hear all about his trip, and share our stories of the wedding with him.
I did find out that he has no access to any blog site from China. Apparently they are banned. Not sure if this is just at the school, or for the entire country. I guess things are different in a communist country...He'll just have to look at this when he is back in the winter.

2 comments:

Keltie said...

I've heard that in China, they have somehow blocked all access to Blogging sites. It's disturbing to me that they would go to such lengths to limit the expressing of one's opinion.

missmarble said...

Remember it's a communist country - everyone has to think what the government tells them to...