So tomorrow I get to go find a cake. A giant chocolatey fudgy cake. Keltie asked if we were having a cake topper. Aside from the threat of Bryan's friends putting a Lego Darth Vader on the top when I'm not looking, no, there will be no frou-frou bride and groom on the top of our cake.
Sorry for the traditionalists in the audience...I started out planning this wedding by reading my wedding planner, Anti-Bride Ettiquettte Guide - The Rules and How to Break Them ( www.antibride.com ) because (gasp) I really don't like weddings...
I know that our wedding day will be one of the most important days we will share, but really, the days beyond the wedding are the ones that matter the most. I have seen many people put so much focus trying to make sure that everything is 'perfect' that they lose what it is really all about. Two people sharing their love and commitment to each other surrounded by family and friends. In 20,30,40 years, what memories will you have of that day? The ones that will stand out will probably not be about flowers or dresses or cakes, but the memories of the people who shared the day with you.
We can't wait to share our day with you - our family and friends alike.
Tuesday, September 13, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
We had Hershey Chocolate Fudge Brownie cakes from Costco...9.99 (X 3) and they all got eaten. We special ordered them to not put the little "lines" where to cut normally on them....They looked great, and best of all, tasted great!
I agree with you, so many people focus on the details of the wedding day and actually don't discuss the MARRIAGE - the most important item to discuss I believe!
Keep up the awesome posts!
Post a Comment